There are a few important things from our meeting on Tuesday for those of you who missed it:
- I’ve attached the PowerPoint from the meeting which summarizes all we went over
- I’ve attached information about the IASA Scholarship, as well as the application itself (DEADLINE: Feb. 29)
- I highly recommend applying for this scholarship because they are extremely generous and Baylor has a high success rate with getting insurance-related scholarships!
- I have attached the membership form–you can fill it out and give it, along with the one-time $30 check to Dr. Seward in Foster 120.03
- IMPORTANT: The NAPSLO Symposium in Chicago is March 18-19 and we have limited spots available. The deadline to sign up is February 18th
- This is a FREE trip to Chicago to go to a conference that has professional speakers, career fairs, and socials–it is a lot of fun
- You get to explore downtown Chicago, have great career opportunities, and get to know students from other GIS chapters
- Let me know if you are interested and I will give you more information
***Our next meeting is this coming Tuesday, February 9th. We have a speaker from the Travelers Insurance company (the #2 commercial Property/Casualty insurer in the country) who is a recruiter. Travelers is aggressively recruiting students from Baylor for all sorts of positions (for ALL business majors), so I recommend going to this meeting as an opportunity to network. She will also give interviewing and resume tips. Your resume and interviews are the only impressions companies get before hiring you so it is worth knowing what they want!
There will be more free pizza at this meeting!
Let me know if you have any questions.
Gamma Iota Sigma, Alpha Pi Chapter