The Spencer Educational Foundation provides merit scholarships to students studying risk management and insurance as well as finance/business administration. In 2015, the Foundation will continue to offer undergraduate ($5,000), graduate ($10,000) and pre-dissertation Ph.D. ($10,000) scholarships.
The criteria for the Foundation’s scholarships are as follows:
- Be a full-time student (12 hours or more per term)*
- Field of study – normally a major or minor in a risk-management discipline
- Career objectives in risk management
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Relevant work experience
- Leadership skills
- Doctoral students should have had meaningful work experience
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. or Canadian college/university
To apply for a scholarship, you will need to create a new account at http://bit.ly/spencerscholarship. You will be able to save and come back to the application.
Applications must be complete and submitted by January 31, 2015.
For more information about the Foundation and its programs, please visit www.spencered.org.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email Angela Sabatino at asabatino.